Early Career Professionals (Technician/Administrative fields)
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
The smartest way to kick-start your career and give it real momentum!
What to expect from the Origin programme?
We offer an opportunity to take part in the largest scientific experiment in the world. Unique early careers programmes in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment. It is an effort to uncover what the universe is made of and understand how it works. A path to develop the next generation of technicians and administrative experts. Origin. Where your career begins. Take part!
The Origin Programme is aimed at candidates who finished their general secondary education or have obtained a technical of administrative diploma (no university level) in a wide range of computing, administration or engineering with limited or no work experience, looking to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
All projects that are currently available can be found here.
If any of these are of specific interest for you, please mention the code when completing your application. Please note this is not mandatory nor a guarantee that these projects will be the ones for which you are selected: you may be selected on another project that matches your profile.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State;
- You have a your general secondary education degree, technical or administrative diploma, and no more than 2 years' relevant experience after obtaining your diploma (if you are currently studying, you are still eligible to apply, although you are expected to have obtained your qualification by 22 November 2022); Applicants with a University degree are not eligible for this Programme.
- You should have a working knowledge of English or French.
What we offer
- An employment contract of in principle 24 months, with a possible extension up to 36 months;
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French;
- A monthly stipend of 4500 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund;
- Depending on your individual circumstances: installation grant, family, child and infant allowances; payment of travel expenses at the beginning and end of appointment;
- 30 days of paid leave per year.
How to Apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV;
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification;
- We recommend to add two recent letters of recommendation, giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially.
The earliest expected start date for selected candidates is May 2023.
Ready to take part? Then please submit your application by 16 January 2023 at midnight (12.00 AM CEST).
STAGE CHARGE(E) DE RECRUTEMENTDarestFull-time +1Description de l'entreprise Fondé en 1978, Darest Informatic SA fournit des équipements et services informatiques spécifiquement2 hour agoShare1227 Geneva, GE
Career Start – Product ManagerCredit Suisse CampusFull-time +1Our Career Start Program offers an ideal platform for graduates who want to experience life at the heart of the financial services industry. You start your main2 hour agoShareZürich, ZH
Sales Advisor Part-Time 24HWeekdayPart-timeCompany Description Having an open mind about people and the world around us creates a responsible, relevant and inclusive work place. At Weekday it’s natural to2 hour agoShare8004 Zürich, ZH
Private Banker, LatAm North, Executive Director - GenevaJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Permanent +1This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the LatAm market of J.P Morgan's EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking3 hour agoShareGeneva, GE
Science communication managerCentre hospitalier universitaire vaudoisPermanentContexte The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is one of five Swiss university hospitals. Through its collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the3 hour agoShareLausanne, VD