Early Career Professionals - University Graduates
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
The smartest way to kick-start your career and give it real momentum!
What to expect from the Origin programme?
We offer an opportunity to take part in the largest scientific experiment in the world. Unique early careers programmes in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment. It is an effort to uncover what the universe is made of and understand how it works. A path to develop the next generation of scientific, technical and administrative experts. Origin. Where your career begins. Take part!
The Origin Programme is aimed at graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing, engineering and administration with limited or no work experience, looking to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
All projects that are currently available can be found here.
If any of these projects are of specific interest for you, please mention the code when completing your application. Please note this is not mandatory nor a guarantee that these projects will be the ones for which you are selected: you may be selected on another project that matches your profile.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate, with a university degree (Bachelor or Master level) and have no more than 2 years’ relevant experience after obtaining your degree (if you are currently studying, you are still eligible to apply, although you are expected to have obtained your degree by the date of 22 November 2022). Kindly note that prior experience will not be taken into consideration. Candidates holding a PhD are not eligible for this programme.
- You should have a working knowledge of English or French.
What we offer?
- An employment contract of in principle 24 months, with a possible extension up to 36 months;
- On-the-job and formal training at CERN as well as in-house language courses for English and/or French;
- A monthly stipend ranging between 5000 and 5500 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax);
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund;
- Depending on your individual circumstances: installation grant, family, child and infant allowances; payment of travel expenses at the beginning and end of appointment;
- 30 days of paid leave per year.
How to Apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV;
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification;
- We recommend to add two recent letters of recommendation, giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially.
The earliest expected start date for selected candidates is May 2023.
Ready to take part? Then please submit your application by 16 January 2023 at midnight (12.00 AM CEST).
Career Start – Product ManagerCredit Suisse CampusFull-time +1Our Career Start Program offers an ideal platform for graduates who want to experience life at the heart of the financial services industry. You start your main1 hour agoShareZürich, ZH
Private Banker, LatAm North, Executive Director - GenevaJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Permanent +1This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the LatAm market of J.P Morgan's EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking2 hour agoShareGeneva, GE
Science communication managerCentre hospitalier universitaire vaudoisPermanentContexte The Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) is one of five Swiss university hospitals. Through its collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the2 hour agoShareLausanne, VD
Single-Cell Technologies Expert at the Institute of Translational BioengineeringRocheFull-time +1The Position In Roche’s Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development organization (pRED), we make transformative medicines for patients in order to tackle4 hour agoShareZürich, ZH
Patient Engagement & Healthcare Transformation LeadAstraZenecaFull-time +1Patient Engagement & Healthcare Transformation Lead (Switzerland) Location: Baar, Switzerland Great Place to Work & Grow Do you have expertise in and7 hour agoShare6340 Baar, ZG